01 09 10

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Spiderman Quilt for DGS

My DGS is madly in love with anything Spiderman.  So, when I saw this panel at Walmart, I had to get it.  This would be a great project to practice my free motion quilting on.  How hard could it be to follow the outline of Spiderman and draw a few spider webs?



How hard indeed.  Halfway through, I called my quilter BF and was laughing so hard that I was crying.  I told her that I had tortured Spiderman and then went back and murdered him.  Those easy webs had to be taken out and drawn on with chalk for another attempt.  Luckily, my DGS thinks all of my quilts are beautiful, especially if they are for him.



When I gave the quilt to my DGS, He threw himself on it and said, "Take my picture, Grandma."





No comments:

Post a Comment