01 09 10

Sunday, August 8, 2010

BQ Quilt for Retreat

I walked into my LQS on Friday and saw a beautiful quilt in the BQ pattern put out by Maple Island Quilts.  It was made in fabrics designed by Paula Nadelstern for Benartex.  They were out of some of the fabrics in the quilt.  That was ok, because they contained a lot of green.  Green is not my favorite color.  However, there was a set of fabrics with blue and purple.  My favorite colors. 



The larger piece with the selvedge attached is the last border.


I'm making some progress. 



All the pieces cut for twelve blocks and two of the borders.  I just had to put together one square to see how it looked.



I'll put together the other eleven blocks at a Retreat in three weeks.  I like to have everything cut for my projects before the retreat.  It makes things go faster and I am less likely to make a mistake or run short on fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment