01 09 10

Monday, August 2, 2010

Designed this Quilt for my first Grandbaby

In 2002, I was told that I would have a new role, Grandmother.  It wasn't long before we knew the little bundle of joy would be female.  Time to make a quilt.  This was the first quilt that I designed from scratch.  The theme was to be "Kitties and Rainbows", which later became the name of the quilt.



Here is my DGD (aka: Princess) examining my work.  When I put it on the floor, she danced on it.  I can't think of a greater compliment.




Her quilt hung in our Guild Show in 2003.  I did three obvious no-nos and the Judges were kind enough to point out each one.  If I had known I was making a quilt to hang in a show, I would have done better.  It was my only finished quilt at the time that had not been shown.  The Judges did say some kind things about it and it was enjoyed by many people.  It is one of my favorites and it always makes me smile.  It  was included on the scavenger hunt sheet for the young attendees as "Find cats wearing sunglasses".

 

The Judges did like that I had carried over the theme to the back.





No comments:

Post a Comment