01 09 10

Thursday, August 12, 2010

High Heeled Feet

I was going thru my pictures and came across one of my favorites.  It is not a quilt, but it has potential as a great art quilt subject.  I was in Grand Junction, CO a few years ago on a short, working vacation.  We wondered downtown and it was filled with sculptures from the Grand Junction Public Art Works.  Below is a picture of my favorite.



It is "High Heeled Feet" by Clee Richeson .




It was purchased by Benge's Shoe Store on Main Street and is on permanent display just outside the store near the street.  It rained and the sculpture is filled with water.

I couldn't leave town without visiting the LQS, Quilter's Corner at 421 Colorado Ave.  The shop was full of beautiful quilts, fabric and nice people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment