01 09 10

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Productive Week

I finished the Six Placemats and Tablerunner for the "Flower Pot Raffle" entry by my Bee.  Yeah, now I can breathe.

Yesterday, I hot glued all the flowers on my Flower Pot Competition Entry.  They will be judges on Wednesday night at our Guild Meeting.  I only have one war wound.  It has been a while since I have used the glue gun.  I forgot to put a bowl of water and ice beside me.  After the first blister, I remembered.

This is where the tickets will be inserted during the show.  

At the end of the show, the pot will be turned over and a winner will be drawn from each pot.  The pot has to look good, upside down and right side up.  I glued a Wildflower fabric on the top of the pot, because it has to fit into the saucer.  The thick flowers would have caused a problem.

Thank you and a BIG HUG to all the ladies that posted fabric flower tutorials on their blogs.  I looked at a lot of them and used parts of several and yo-yo flowers to fill in any empty spaces.  The leaves on the saucer and top are two pieces of fabric, steam-a-seamed together and cut out.  Then I sewed a vein down the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment