01 09 10

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quilt Retreat Part 4

I have finally joined a Quilting Bee.  We have a whooping three members at this time.  Our Bee is new and should grow with time.  We meet from 5-8pm, once a month, between my work and home.  It was a perfect fit for me.  All three members were at the Retreat last week.



Night Divas Bee

At the last retreat, we played strip poker with 2 1/2" black and white strips.  We had a blast.  It didn't hurt that my BQF and myself, each won one of the jackpots. 
At this retreat, we had a contest using the black and white strips that we had won last Spring.  Below are the entries.



The three quilts were judged. Olivia quilt, checkerboard quilt (complete with a pocket on the back for the checkers and ties.) and tablerunner (Note initials, LMS).



And the purses and totes were judged and then an overall winner was chosen.

First Place Quilt: Olivia Quilt by Jackie
First Place Purse:  Top Left w/Blue trim by Marty
Overall Winner:  Black and White Purse w/ Pink Bow by Polly (bottom middle)

We played strip poker with Christmas strips this retreat and I won two Jackpots.  We are talking about another contest, I may have to enter this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment