01 09 10

Friday, September 3, 2010

BQ Quilt and Retreat Part 3

I spent three days with 23 talented quilters.  I thought you might like to see what some of them were working on.














Note the Black and White and Pink machine cover.  Jackie made it at the retreat after looking at one brought by one of the ladies . 


Isn't this pretty.  The white blocks are hand embroidery by the quilter.


This is a little blurry, but I wanted you to see the lovely batiks.  We had Sally Schneider as a speaker at our August Guild meeting.  This was her workshop the next day.



This is the BQ Quilt I worked on.  I finished the center on Saturday afternoon, then decided it was time for a change.  It still needs three borders.


This is my BQF, Judith, she decided to spend the weekend working on her stump work.  It is exquisite, I'll have to get a better picture for you.


Ruth had some issues with her machine and decided to hand quilt awhile.


This is what Ruth was quilting, isn't it awesome.


Selvedges sewn to prequilted fabric.  These are going into an item or two for the Guild Shop at our Quilt Show in April, 2011. A tote bag or machine cover were some ideas tossed around.



No comments:

Post a Comment