01 09 10

Monday, September 27, 2010

Austin Area Quilt Guild Show

My Best Quilting Friend, Judith and I took a road trip to Austin, TX to see the Austin Area Quilt Guild Show.  On the way, We visited three wonderful quilt shops.  I took a lot of pictures, so I'll spread them out over several posts.

First, We visited Stitch Haven in Brenham, TX.




This is the front of the shop in quilt form, isn't it cute.


I found a few things that I needed.  I have large fingers, so I love these leather thimbles to sew on bindings and buttons.

Then we headed to Giddings, TX to visit All Around The Block.  From the outside, it may appear small, but it goes back and over several rooms.  Lots and lots of goodies.  I had to take a close up of the scissors on the shutters.






Of course, I found a few more things to take home with me.


The cupcake and sprinkles fabric is to make a "Less Than a Yard Dash Table Runner".  It is a free pattern over at honeybeequiltstore.com.  Fast and easy, check it out.  The stripe and brown border are to make a zig zag quilt without triangles.  The tutorial is by Crazy Mom Quilts , but links to beesquarefabrics.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-make-zig-zag-quilt-without.html.  I hope that I am doing this right.

We had lunch at Reba's and for our last shop of the day, Gerline's Quilt Shop.  Both in Giddings, TX.




This is a kit from Gerline's that will be mailed to me to make the Sidelights pattern below.




It was time to get ourselves to Austin, TX and the Embassy Suites just down the street from the Palmer Event Center.



We had a courtesy van to the Quilt Show and back.  Threadgill's Restaurant was a block away.  We never took our car out of valet parking.  The Embassy provided a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning.  We were so pampered.  A look at the quilts and my additional purchases at the show tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment