01 09 10

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Anniversary Quilt for My Sweetie


For our 30th Anniversary, I made a turning twenty quilt for my sweetie.  He is an Engineer and has traveled most of the world.  This was my first time to make "The Turning Twenty" pattern by Tricia Cribbs and I neglected to notice the finished size.  It is 70" x 86", not exactly a lap quilt, which is what I was going for.  Oops! He still loves it and uses it all the time.


Some of the fabrics, that I collected over the years, were keyboard, .com, cellphones, computers, curcuit boards, luggage tags, hello in different lanuages, a list of countries, world map, airplanes, helicopters, license plates, stamps, nuts & bolts, all the manly tools and my favorite was the tangle of wires and cables.  One of his nicknames is "Wireman". 


And the finished quilt.  I went on to make two more quilts from this pattern.  I'll share those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment