01 09 10

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Charity Quilts

These are the two charity quilts that I made for my Quilt Guild this year.  I made lap quilts for the nursing homes that we adopt each year.  I helped deliver 50 quilts to the memory and assisted living residents of one facility and 100 quilts to assisted living residents in another facility.  We all grab 3 or 4 quilts and walk around the room and allow each person to pick one to keep.  It is like a quilt show for the residents.  If the resident is bed ridden, we go room to room with several quilts to choose from.


This one has golf items on it.  There are more and more men in these facilities.  They like sports, animals, birds and masculine colors sometimes.



I made the center of this quilt from 3 1/2" strips.  I was seeing if I liked the process of the jellyroll quilt before using up one of my precious jellyrolls. 
This quilt was chosen by a man.


I used straight line quilting on this.  I really liked doing the quilting and how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment