01 09 10

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Charity Quilt Finish

The Quilt Guild likes each member to turn in a  minimum of two charity quilts each year.  They use our birthday month as a memory trigger.  This is my second one for 2013.  The binding was not quite finished in 2013.  Now to get started on my two for 2014. 

 
Measures:  37" x 53"
 
I used blue and brown to make it appealing to the males.  We forget that even though the women out number the men in nursing homes, about 9 to 1, they are there.


This is the back.  My friend, Carol, shared her bolt of fabric with the Bee for QOV or charity quilts. 
I helped pass out quilts at two nursing home and the men sometimes hesitate to pick out a quilt.   When the nurses pointed out the animals or fish or birds, the men became more interested and accepted one of our quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment