01 09 10

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Comforting Hug for Mary

My cousin, Mary, suffered the worst loss that a Grandmother can.  Her beautiful Granddaughter was born with special needs.  She stayed here longer than expected, because of the Love and Care from a wonderful family.

I live about two hours away and felt helpless when I heard the news that she was gone.  I prayed for her immediate family and knew that only time would lessen their pain.  I can't be there to give Mary a comforting hug, when she needs it.  And I know there will be many, many days that she will need comforting.  I decided to make her a quilt, to wrap her in my love and comfort on those days.

This is the quilt that I made for Mary and I hope that she feels my arms around her, when she uses it.


                                                        Dragonfly Dreams for Mary







No comments:

Post a Comment