01 09 10

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Houston Quilt Festival 2012 - Part 1

Here I am with a late, late post about my fun at the Houston Quilt Festival 2012.  I know, I know, better late than never.  Where have the last few months gone?  Anywho.

I took ATCs and a Mug Rug to trade at Festival (See Oct. post).  I traded for these cute cards and a fabulous mug rug.  I hope this is a standing tradition.




These are the thirteen ATCs that I traded for.  I am thrilled with the creativity of these ladies.
 
 
 I, also, traded for this Mug Rug by Elaine Poplin.  Love it. 
 
Below are the two postcards that I purchased at the International Quilt Festival's Pet Project to raise funds for Friends for Life, Houston's no-kill shelter.
 
 
Postcard on left was made by Karen Linduska and the one on right was made by Jean Boardsen.  Thanks Jean, I am a turtle lover and that is what I see.  I took a class from Karen and did not realize she made this card until I got home.  More on my class later.

I had to visit the Alzheimer Quilts Booth and I always find some treasures to bring home.  Just look below.

Spider Webs by Jan Stone of Josephville, MO

Memories of Kenneth by Yvonne Webb of Irvine, CA
 
Dragonfly and HST 2 by Clara Lawrence of Elgin, TX
 





No comments:

Post a Comment