01 09 10

Saturday, April 30, 2011

10 Minute Quilt Block

I went to The Red Barn for a quilting retreat earlier this month.  I made the 10 Minute Quilt Block.  I used my seam ripper too many times on these blocks.  It took me two days to make this quilt top, containing six blocks.  That included sashing and two borders.  The blocks should be easy, but my layers of fabrics kept sliding, even though they were pinned.  I'm sure this was my problem, somehow.  In the end, I came home with a finished quilt top and that is all that matters.




It really is square.  I finished at 2:15pm and we had to be out by 3pm.  I threw it up on the design wall and took a quick picture.  These fabrics are beautiful.  I got a lot of compliments on the main fabric.  The main fabric is a golden floral, called Boutique by Chez Moi for Moda, pattern # 16041.  The border is a dotted fabric from the same line, pattern # 16046.   The centers and sashing are a wonderful chocolate brown with a tiny brown leaf pattern. It is called Botanical Journal by Bella Lu Studio Licensed to South Sea Imports.  The top measures 48" x 66".



No comments:

Post a Comment