01 09 10

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Houston International Quilt Show

WoooHooo, It is finally here.  I have my ticket for Wednesday Premiere Night and all day Friday.  The Ladies and Gents from QuiltingBoard.com are wearing friendship blocks and/or Selvedge with dots.  I hope to see some of the members in person that I have messaged and exchanged squares and blocks with.




I attended Premiere Night and shopped for five hours.  Note to self, most of cash left with vendors at show, go to bank before Friday.  Haven't even looked at Quilts.  They don't go anywhere, but the vendor merchandise does.

I won the wonderful book below at the free raffle by Make It University.  My name was even picked by Pokey Bolton of Quilting Arts.  I watch her show every Saturday on our PBS channel.  I can't wait to try out some of the fabulous ideas for making an art journal quilt.  As a winner, I was asked to sign the Graffiti Wall.  What a Hoot so far!!!




These are the two ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) that I will trade (Friday)  on the wall near Make It University.  You can trade one for one, ATCs, Small Quilts, Inches and Art jewelry.

Mine are fused cloth, seed stitched, buttons and three colors of ribbon whipped around edges.







No comments:

Post a Comment